Frequently Asked Questions
THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE FORM OF IDENTIFICATION TO RENT A VEHICLE FROM RIDE RENTAL CARS IS A CURRENT, UNRESTRICTED PHOTO DRIVER’S LICENSE issued within by an acceptable authority of the USA.
- No alternatives, regardless of collaborating documentation provided is accepted.
- Only the original document is accepted. No copies, pictures, emails, etc. are acceptable.
Cash and Pre-paid Debit Card Payments
Cash and pre-paid debit card payments are accepted with the following additional charges:
- An additional, refundable $100 deposit.
- An additional $10.00 per day surcharge.
- Cash paying customers can choose from any of our promotional, standard, or intermediate vehicles.
- Pre-paid debit card customers can choose from any of our promotional, standard, or intermediate vehicles.
Bank Issued Debit Cards
There are no additional fees to use a bank issued debit card. Any card that gives the card holder the ability to "load" or "pre-load" funds is NOT considered a bank issued card. This includes "Chime" cards.
Renter must have full coverage insurance with a maximum deductible of $500. The following exceptions are allowed:
- Any deductible higher than $500 will require an addition deposit as follows.
- Cash / debit customers - the amount of the deductible over $500.
- Credit customers – an additional $100 deposit is required.
- No deductible over $1,000 is accepted.
- Liability coverage alone is accepted with:
- Renter purchases additional Renter’s Collision Protection (RCP) @ $30.00 per day.
- An additional $50 refundable deposit is required.
- The additional $50 deposit will NOT be refunded if the vehicle is not returned on or before the expected return date.
- No rental with RCP may be due for return outside of normal business hours.
- RCP customers may choos any promotional - standard classification of vehicle depending on their method of payment.
- No passenger vans may be rented with RCP.
- Ride Rental Cars MUST be able to obtain verification of the insurance provided by Renter from an approved agent/representative of the Renter’s insurance company.
- Insurance must be verified as stated above for all subsequent rentals regardless of the length of time since the last verification.
- Insurance will be verified from time to time during the rental period. In the event that the renter’s insurance is no longer in effect, the rental contract is terminated, the vehicle must be returned, and the renter forfeit’s all deposit/s.
Age of Renter:
- Minimum age of 21
- Under age 25
- May rent only “Promotional” and “Standard” class vehicles.
- Requires an additional $20 per day surcharge.
- NO INDIVIDUAL IS AUTHORIZED TO DRIVE ANY RENTED VEHICLE UNLESS THEY ARE LISTED ON THE RENTAL CONTRACT AS AN AUTHORIZED DRIVER.
- There is a $10.00 daily fee for additional drivers. This fee covers any number of additional drivers.
- Authorized drivers must have verifiable full coverage insurance.
- Authorized drivers must present their driver’s license at the rental office.
- In the event that an unauthorized driver operates the vehicle, regardless of the reason, frequency, time, or distance, a $10.00 per day fee will be charged to the rental contract, and the renter will forfeit all deposit/s.
Vehicle Repairs / Maintenance / Modifications
- With the exception of replacing a flat tire; RENTER IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO PERFORM ANY REPAIR / ALTERATIONS / MODIFICATIONS TO ANY RENTED VEHICLE without the express WRITTEN permission of Ride Rental Cars.
- Renter will not be reimbursed for any unauthorized repairs to the rented vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to oil changes, battery replacement, windshield wiper replacement, tire replacement.
- Renter may be charged a fee for Ride Rental Cars to have the rented vehicle restored to the condition it was in prior to the vehicle being rented to Renter.
- ABSOLUTELY NO MODIFICATIONS TO THE VEHICLE ARE AUTHORIZED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Renter will be charged for restoration of the vehicle to its original condition.
We don't have anything against smokers. Really - we wish you the best. However, many of our customers are allergic to it. Others simply hate the smell of smoke. We want everyone to enjoy their Ride, so..
All Ride Rental Cars are NON-SMOKING vehicles.
- Renters will be charged a minimum $50.00 smoking fee if the vehicle is returned with any evidence that smoking took place in the vehicle during the rental including:
- The smell of smoke,
- Ashes, and other residue.
- An additional $25 fee may be assessed at the agent’s discretion depending on the severity of the smell and cleaning needed to prepare the vehicle for another rental.
We love pets! Unfortunately, the person renting the vehicle after you doesn't share our enthusiasm. Pet hair and oder is very difficult to remove. To keep everyone riding in a clean and sanitary environment, pets are not authorized in any Ride Rental Cars vehicle. Exceptions are made for state registered service animals, however the renter is still responsible for all cleaning fees that are assessed as a result of the animal being in the vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to pet hair, odor, and stains.
Evidence of pets in the vehicle will result in an additional charge of not less than $50, in increments of $50 depending on the amount of cleaning the agent determines will be needed to prepare the vehicle for the next renter.
More questions? Great! See below for more details.